Thursday, November 1, 2007

Metroid Prime 3: The Review!

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

The metroid series has always fascinated me. Super Metroid was my absolute favorite video game on the SNES system so I decided to check out the Metroid Prime series.

One thing that immediately caught my attention was the control scheme. Wii is a tricky system to adequately manipulate control systems to better suit the game at hand. The Metroid Prime series has worked well with the Wii-mote. The first Metroid Prime game controls seemed somewhat irksome and had an awkward touch to them. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption has mastered the first person controls for the Wii system. The controls respond quicker and are much more accurate than its predecessors.

The story to Corruption was fantastic. The interaction with the NPC’s in the game lead to a enthralling and unique gaming experience. Samus always serves as an calm and collected female main character for all of these games.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption gets a 9.1/10.

Although the controls were much improved from the previous Prime games, they still seemed to bother me. The viewport from Samus’s helmet bothered me at times because I felt as though I couldn’t see enough of the surrounding area to effectively battle. For a Wii game, however, the graphics were fantastic and immersive. The controls were the best they could be for a Wii-mote and nun-chaku, and the story was my favorite so far of any Metroid game. Wii owners… This is a title to purchase.

No comments: